Eternal Nightmare
April 19, 2024, 06:22:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Breaking News: We Are Growing Fast. Keep Up The Good Work Guys

Home Help Search Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Designing a retail website...or not

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Designing a retail website...or not  (Read 133 times)
sam2112
Commander

OWned +0/-0

« on: August 24, 2011, 12:30:49 pm »

Hiya chaps and chapesses of the great and wonderful GDF!

I'm having a bit of a quandary at the moment. I'm working with a business to try and update their website to something useful. They hand-make items for sale; some are custom pieces, while others are standard-sized stock pieces. The custom pieces would be constantly added and removed, as pieces are made and sold. The quantities of the stock pieces would likewise be changed constantly.

The issue I'm facing is, as a business whose in-stock and handmade items are constantly changing and updating, they want to easily be able to change out currently offered items, and the quantity of stock items, without having to delve into the code.

Now, I can design a clean, functional, and aesthetic site. What I have no idea how to do, is give them a way to edit the content list for products and quantity via some kind of admin panel.

I know there are several easy-to-use site-builders/editors for the code-illiterate. Once I finish their site, I'm handing control of it over to their own webmaster, who knows basic HTML, and nothing else.

I guess what I'm asking is this: is there a way for me to add some kind of easy-edit feature so they can change/add/re-quantify to their heart's content? If not, what are some recommendations for a site-builder they could use that would allow them to do that, without mucking up the code?
Graphic Design Glasgow|Web Design Glasgow

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

david
Hero

OWned +0/-0

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 05:36:42 am »

Creating an online retail website can be as easy as 1-2-3 or can quickly become a nightmare. I will describe some do's and don'ts that may help you avoid some disastrous traps. First and foremost avoid any of the "pre-made" retail companies that offer you six websites and aid of all kinds and promises galore. First of all you do not need six websites. Working on one is tough enough. The odds are the other five will just sit and never be used. We paid over $7000 to a company for a packaged program of six websites with all kinds of promises of support, aid in designing the sites, advertising and so on. Of course none of this ever happened.
camisetas futbol | soccer kit | soccer shirts
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:31:34 pm by david » Report Spam   Logged
Carol12Burnett
Starter

OWned +0/-0

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 07:45:31 am »

I always love to use this very best and awesome working

Print  

Jump to: