Eternal Nightmare
March 28, 2024, 01:37:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Breaking News: We Are Growing Fast. Keep Up The Good Work Guys

Home Help Search Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Meaning of Beat the rug...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meaning of Beat the rug...  (Read 1446 times)
sam2112
Commander

OWned +0/-0

« on: March 24, 2011, 01:57:51 pm »

Literally, I think that it means the same thing as "to beat the carpet", or, in other words, to remove the dust by beating it (in the sense of repeatedly hitting it). I never have heard this expression used in a metaphorical or figurative sense. I suppose it could be used in this way. You would have to consider the context in which you heard it. If it were used in a figurative way, it probably would refer to dust in metaphorical terms. In other words, you probably would be cleaning it or getting rid of some undesirable element. Sometimes dust can refer to dirt, and, in other cases it can be used to describe something that obscures or clouds the senses. I am not sure if the expression has any slang meaning.

_________

Rugs|Rug

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

david
Hero

OWned +0/-0

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 11:57:29 am »

I think that it means the same thing as "to beat the carpet", or, in other words, to remove the dust by beating it (in the sense of repeatedly hitting it). I never have heard this expression used in a metaphorical or figurative sense. I suppose it could be used in this way. You would have to consider the context in which you heard it. If it were used in a figurative way, it probably would refer to dust in metaphorical terms. In other words, you probably would be cleaning it or getting rid of some undesirable element.

thanks
camisetas futbol | soccer kit | soccer shirts

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:10:50 am by david » Report Spam   Logged
jamessmith4152
Enthusiast

OWned +0/-0

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 11:17:17 am »

Carpet cleaning is just like exercise! If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results and feel better for it. And understanding the right way to clean carpet will help you save time by doing it correctly the first time with products that do the job right from the start. Not only will Seal of Approval cleaning products help keep your carpet looking great, they can also help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer. Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great:

Vacuum at the right frequency with a CRI-approved vacuum.
    Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil quicker.
    Professionally deep clean your carpets every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime.

thanks

carpet cleaning  services ottawa
Report Spam   Logged
briensmith
Fanatic

OWned +0/-0

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 01:10:15 pm »

Before vacuum cleaners, beating your rugs was the most popular way to get them clean. You don't see it done much any more, but if you try it you'll be surprised to find out how much dirt your vacuum cleaner leaves behind.

The heavy dirt that settles down at the base of the rug acts like sand paper, wearing away at the fibers in the base of the rug, and possibly the finish on the floor . To lengthen the life of the rug, and get the dirt out of there, you need to beat it. As an added plus, this is an environmentally friendly cleaning method.

If you don't have a heavy duty clothes line in place, rig one up. For a large room sized rug, a standard clothes line probably won't be strong enough. Use heavy rope.

Take your rug out and hang it over the clothes line with the fuzzy side out.

Take your stick and start swinging at the rug. For an ideal swing, you want the entire length of the stick to hit the rug at once. The old fashioned carpet beaters had flat grill work on the end of the stick to increase the surface area coming in contact with the carpet when it hit. What you're doing is moving the rug in the direction the stick is moving so fast that the dirt doesn't have time to move with it. You should start to see dirt fall out of the rug.

Thanks

seattle carpet cleaning
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: